– Southeast New Jersey – Linden, New Jersey
Under direct supervision, the Technician I/Driver sets up and operates environmental equipment under proper work permits across multiple service lines in a safe and efficient manner on client’s job site. Technician I/Drivers drive commercial vehicles requiring a commercial A license as well as non-commercial vehicles. The Technician I/Driver must be willing to perform technician duties as well as driving duties. The Technician I will also perform other activities and tasks as needed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Technician I/Driver position requires a high school diploma equivalent, a valid commercial (CDL), Class A driver’s license and a clean commercial driver (DMV) abstract. Industry experience will be considered in lieu of a formal education record. This position requires the ability to understand basic math skills, read and interpret technical documents, follow procedures, perform all assigned duties and follow all safety procedures and requirements.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple locations throughout the day.
- Able to work across business units and navigate organizational structures to achieve consistent and full compliance with federal, state and local EHS regulations and company policies to ensure compliance
- Ability to interact professionally and competently with widely variable internal customers and regulatory agency personnel.
- Must be responsive to calls and emails during normal work hours and when on-call.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated effective people coaching, training and influencing skills
- Analytical, general management, people, and computer skills.
- Excellent language and communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of customer and company management and speak effectively before customers, employees, and organizations.
- The Technician I/Driver must have the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, programs; Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must be proficient in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). The candidate must be able to pass all site-specific facility, company and industry tests.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective negotiating and listening skills.
- Must interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Be prompt and courteous.
- Ability to be persistent, patient, creative, and flexible.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level.
- Ability and willingness to learn; Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to assemble information from a variety of sources.
- Possess self motivation, be responsible and assertive, solve problems, work and achieve agreed upon assigned tasks with little or no supervision and a high degree of common sense.
- Additionally, we require the Technician I/Driver to be “on duty” while monitoring systems and safety meters.
For more information regarding this position or to submit your resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org.