Southern California – Long Beach, CA (Corporate Headquarters)
Established in 1992, Envent Corporation (www.enventcorporation.com) is a leading provider of engineered solutions for a range of environmental requirements for industrial and municipal customers. The company’s services include degassing & vapor control, vapor scrubbing & odor control, and mobile water treatment services. Envent also offers other environmental services to their customers, like assistance with permitting and compliance issues. In fact, Envent is the nation’s leading provider of vapor scrubbing & odor control and mobile water treatment services. Since 1992, Envent has recorded the best operational and safety record in the industry and holds the ISWorld ‘A’ Rating for outstanding safety performance.
Envent supports a substantial and diversified client base that includes many of the leading environmental consulting firms, as well as all major oil and gas companies. Within the petroleum and petrochemical industry, Envent is certified to work in most any refinery or chemical plant, pipeline, or terminal in North America. The company holds Master Service Agreements (MSAs) with most of the oil and chemical majors, including but not limited to Shell, ExxonMobil, Phillips 66, Tesoro, Marathon, Valero, Lyondell, Formosa, Ineos, Plains, Enterprise, Magellan, Kinder Morgan and many others. Envent also services private and municipal utilities, industrial contractors, environmental consultants, construction contractors, and numerous commercial operations.
Envent is dedicated to building long- term client relationships, improving clients’ administrative and operating efficiencies, and delivering outstanding results.
The company operates nationwide from offices in La Porte, TX; Long Beach, CA; Benicia, CA; Denver, CO; La Place, LA; and in Canada.
Envent Corporation, the leading vapor control and water filtration specialist, is looking for an Engineering Intern. An Engineering Intern has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities of assigned projects. The Engineering Intern plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned work, applies Envent Corporation standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects. In addition, the Engineering Intern must maintain customer relationships and have a good understanding of the company’s business goals. The Engineering Intern will also be required to support with operations and technical oversight.
1. Execute an engineered solution to environmental problems while complying with environmental regulations and safety standards
2. Determine customer oriented solutions to complex problems
3. Prepare cost estimates and control project costs
4. Support field personnel by troubleshooting
5. Maintain a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures
6. Maintain project schedule by monitoring progress and resolving problems
Qualifications / Skills
1. Currently enrolled in at least 3rd year of Bachelors of Science in engineering discipline
2. Understanding of engineering fundamentals and basic chemistry
3. Industrial control systems understanding
4. Selection and application of materials
5. Availability for part time work during school