Houston Area – Deer Park, TX (Gulf Coast Regional Office)
Southern California – Long Beach, CA (Corporate Headquarters)
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN LONG BEACH CA OR LA PORTE TX
Established in 1992, Envent Corporation (www.enventcorporation.com) is a leading provider of engineered solutions for a range of environmental requirements for industrial and municipal customers. The company’s services include degassing & vapor control, vapor scrubbing & odor control, and mobile water treatment services. Envent also offers other environmental services to their customers, like assistance with permitting and compliance issues. In fact, Envent is the nation’s leading provider of vapor scrubbing & odor control and mobile water treatment services. Since 1992, Envent has recorded the best operational and safety record in the industry and holds the ISNetworld ‘A’ Rating for outstanding safety performance.
Envent supports a substantial and diversified client base that includes many of the leading environmental consulting firms, as well as all major oil and gas companies. Within the petroleum and petrochemical industry, Envent is certified to work in most any refinery or chemical plant, pipeline, or terminal in North America. The company holds Master Service Agreements (MSAs) with most of the oil and chemical majors, including but not limited to Shell, ExxonMobil, Phillips 66, Tesoro, Marathon, Valero, Lyondell, Formosa, Ineos, Plains, Enterprise, Magellan, Kinder Morgan and many others. Envent also services private and municipal utilities, industrial contractors, environmental consultants, construction contractors, and numerous commercial operations. Envent is dedicated to building long- term client relationships, improving clients’ administrative and operating efficiencies, and delivering outstanding results.
The company operates nationwide from offices in La Porte, TX; Long Beach, CA; Benicia, CA; Denver, CO; LaPlace, LA; and in Canada.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare, review and negotiate cost and price proposals; manage the contract change control process; develop and execute non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements and other standard and non-standard business agreements.
- Directly assist commercial-sales teams on medium and large or complex proposals as required including RFIs, RFPs, contract bids, MSA’s. Ensure full review of terms and condition, contracts, risk evaluations and manager/participate in contract negotiations with clients, suppliers and potential partners. Develop and manage labor rate buildup models.
- Perform reviews of Envent internal Terms & Conditions on purchase orders, time tickets, contracts and subcontracts ensure language is up to date and risk and liability is minimized.
- Help maximize the opportunity for profitability, while maintaining a professional relationship with our internal and external clients by actively managing post contract support, providing advice to commercial and executive team in contract interpretation including variation & change orders and negotiations, as well as resolution of disputes and claims with assistance of outside counsel.
- Provide the executive team periodic reporting on status of contracts, including usage, issues, how to leverage & maximize them, and ways to increase the utilization and profitability.
- Manage customer audits of our MSA’s contracts.
- Prepare and deliver internal training on Company’s Contracts standards and procedures, communication on new contracts and continually encourage commercial team on how and where to maximize the benefit of all contracts. Maintain a working knowledge of current and future technical developments that would impact the bid and contract process.
- Provide training presentations and ongoing support to commercial, engineering and operations team on the proper execution of our MSA’s and Contracts.
- Provide contractual support to lower litigation risk. Where requested, assist in preparation of litigation documents working with external counsel.
- Stays current on new law, regulations and contract trends to provide advice and guidance to management and project team on contractual matters.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations, corporate policies and communicates results as appropriate.
- Manage negotiations, bidding and issuance of contracts, for major contracts for contracting of services and equipment including but not limited to; legal, accounting, insurance, human resources systems, recruiters, subcontractors.
- Provide risk assessment and feedback to internal clients regarding operational or other issues in contract terms and offer alternate approaches to mitigate risk, including alternate contractual language.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
- Coordinate with the Accounting/Finance team on short and long-term financial performance requirements for contracts, including rates, contract financial goals and metrics, invoicing and payment terms, and overall financial portfolio requirements.
- Review contractual performance of the parties to ensure compliance with terms & conditions, and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- Participates in identifying, managing and resolving scope change while providing strong support to program management in the execution phase of the contract.
- Independently analyze situations and data to determine best course of action and make positive and active contributions within the parameters, utilize independent thinking to develop strategies and objectives to assist the organization in achieving its key financial and growth goals.
- Identify and assess improvement opportunities that will add value. Asses and support the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively support, encourage and facilitate staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform critical review, analysis, and reporting to tenders and executed contracts regarding liability and risk assessment, operational obligations, terms and conditions, and other contractual language in accordance with standards.
- Coordinate information and activities among estimating, financial and construction as well as subcontractors, vendors, and government personnel and project superintendent, ensuring proper communication flow, utilizing project meetings, correspondence, and documentation as necessary.
- Provide leadership in the drafting of contracts and contract management to the strategic sourcing team; provide redlined recommendations on contracts.
- Advise senior leadership for the organization on policies, contractual rights and obligations, plans and objectives. Supervises proposals and contract development staff. Aligns with managers of business operations, including relevant divisions of finance, legal and project development.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Must have 7+ years of relevant experience in contract law/contract management within the, oil and gas services, manufacturing or distribution industry.
-Must have minimum of a Bachelor’s in a related discipline from an accredited university.
-Experience negotiating; distribution agreements, NDA’s, procurement contracts, contract for bids, purchase orders, & Master Service Agreements.
-Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment and critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills; Experience in a collaborative team environment.
-Cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a highly complex environment.
-Solid understanding of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Ariba and SAP).
-Experience with handling areas of contract law and administration, operations and commercial principles.
-Experience in handling and prioritizing deadline/time sensitive tasks.
-Experience with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and change management processes.
-Ability to travel – 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit at a desk, use fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and use hands and arms to reach for files or manuals. The Associate is occasionally required to stand and walk around an office and talk or hear on the telephone or while communicating with others. Specific vision requirements for this job are close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.