Houston Area – Deer Park, TX (Gulf Coast Regional Office)
Established in 1992, Envent Corporation (www.enventcorporation.com) is a leading provider of engineered solutions for a range of environmental requirements for industrial and municipal customers. The company’s services include degassing & vapor control, vapor scrubbing & odor control, and mobile water treatment services. Envent also offers other environmental services to their customers, like assistance with permitting and compliance issues. In fact, Envent is the nation’s leading provider of vapor scrubbing & odor control and mobile water treatment services. Since 1992, Envent has recorded the best operational and safety record in the industry and holds the ISNetworld ‘A’ Rating for outstanding safety performance.
Envent supports a substantial and diversified client base that includes many of the leading environmental consulting firms, as well as all major oil and gas companies. Within the petroleum and petrochemical industry, Envent is certified to work in any refinery or chemical plant, pipeline, or terminal in North America. The company holds Master Service Agreements (MSAs) with most of the oil and chemical majors, including but not limited to Shell, ExxonMobil, Phillips 66, Tesoro, Marathon, Valero, Lyondell, Formosa, Ineos, Plains, Enterprise, Magellan, Kinder Morgan and many others. Envent also services private and municipal utilities, industrial contractors, environmental consultants, construction contractors, and numerous commercial operations. Envent is dedicated to building long- term client relationships, improving clients’ administrative and operating efficiencies, and delivering outstanding results.
The company operates nationwide from offices in La Porte, TX; Long Beach, CA; Benicia, CA; Denver, CO; LaPlace, LA; and in Canada
The Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Receptionist / Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties, as well as additional clerical duties as assigned to meet business needs:
- Answers telephone system, takes accurate messages, screens and direct telephone calls for management in a professional manner.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Composes, prepares and proofreads correspondence, office memos and reports on computer and maintains confidentiality when required.
- Designs and implements forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications, and update as needed.
- Creates and maintains proper response letters for various incoming correspondence.
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, purging files on a regular basis and creating new filing systems as needed.
- Provides administrative support for special projects to include research, compiling data and preparation of summary reports based on results.
- Maintains an organized office calendar and schedules meetings and appointments as needed.
- Organizes and maintains tidiness and cleanliness of the office.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as directed.
- Coordinates lunches, employee appreciation and recognition gifts as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include, but not limited to computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
The candidate must be an effective communicator, which requires the following skills: writing, listening, and speaking. In addition to being an effective communicator excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, good judgment, ability maintain confidentiality, ability to interact effectively with all levels of customer and company management are necessary.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to multitask and manage interruptions in a fast-paces work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other data base software
- Customer Service Driven
- Time Management
One year certificate from college or technical school, or 1 year of related experience and/or training.
The candidate must have and or complete the following training and requirements:
- Drug Test
- Background & MVR Check
- Employee Orientation
- Local Policies and Procedures
- Safety and Quality