The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is the welcoming face of company and will need to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor over the phone and in person. The incumbent is responsible for meeting or exceeding all company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations, and must have an unwavering commitment to environmental, safety and health for all employees and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone system, takes accurate messages, screens and direct telephone calls for management in a professional manner.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Composes, prepares and proofreads correspondence, office memos and reports on computer and maintains confidentiality when required.
- Designs and implements forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications, and update as needed.
- Creates and maintains proper response letters for various incoming correspondence.
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, purging files on a regular basis and creating new filing systems as needed.
- Provides administrative support for special projects to include research, compiling data and preparation of summary reports based on results.
- Maintains an organized office calendar and schedules meetings and appointments as needed.
- Organizes and maintains tidiness and cleanliness of the office.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as directed.
- Coordinates lunches, employee events and recognition gifts as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include, but not limited to computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.
- Create flyers, announcements or brochures.
- Update and create procedures for all tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an Employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent business interpersonal, communication, customer service and analytical skills.
- An effective communicator with excellent teamwork mentality and good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to interact effectively with all levels of customer and company management are necessary.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and work on a number of projects at a time while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must develop knowledge of Enforce and Salesforce.com.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage interruptions in a fast-paces work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other data base software.
- Customer Service Driven.
- Professionalism on the phone and in person.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Exceptional Time Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant requires a high school diploma or equivalent. A BS is preferred. Must have one year certificate from college or technical school, or 3 years of related experience and/or training. Industry experience will be considered in lieu of formal education. This position requires the ability to understand basic math skills, operate and maintain sensitive monitoring equipment, read permits and safety procedures and requirements.
For more information regarding this position or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com.