Northern California – Pittsburg, CA (Northwest Regional Office)
The Project Engineer has both project engineering and craft-specific responsibilities for mechanical/electrical designs and installations within the company (nationwide). Responsibly plans, schedules, conducts, equipment preventative maintenance (PM) and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Envent Corporation standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and throughout the corporation.
In addition, the Project Engineer must maintain customer relationships and have a good understanding of the company’s business goals, including all aspects of operations and the environmental regulations that require services. Technical oversight in the field is required and the Project Engineer will also support operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Apply the Company’s visions, pledges, and guiding principles to every facet of
responsibilities to improve our Company.
2. Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that
they are communicated and implemented within the team.
3. Manage the use of facilities, personnel, vehicles, and equipment to maximize efficiency
4. Plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute the technical and management aspects of
5. Work closely with Account Managers to respond to all customer inquiries and capabilities
– find solutions to difficult challenges.
6. Work closely with Shop Mechanic to ensure all equipment upgrades and maintenance are
completed as scheduled.
7. Participate in client, contractor, and vendor meetings and resolves engineering, technical,
or project issues.
8. Develop operational, maintenance, and compliance procedures and be able to train and
audit all personnel with a commitment to safety and compliance.
9. Work closely with regulatory bodies and environmental agencies to obtain permits and
authorizations for all projects.
10. Perform incident investigations, including failure analysis and root cause analysis.
11. Provide engineering data and documentation, and participate as needed for all
Management of Change (MOC) meetings.
12. Lead and participate in various forms of Process Hazard Analysis including what-if, fault
tree, HAZOP, checklist, and other forms of risk assessment. Previous participation in
process hazard analysis meetings (or certified training) is required.
13. Oversee fabrication, verification of proper installation, perform function checks and
14. Tracks spare parts inventory, equipment availability, maintenance, and readiness.
15. Procures parts and equipment as necessary to keep all equipment orderly, the shop
organized, and projects executed successfully.
16. Seek new vendors and vendor relationships that improve our competitive edge and
enhance our profitability.
17. Supervisory Responsibilities: Project engineers frequently supervise the setup and
operation of complex temporary systems required in the execution of our field work in
vapor control and water treatment. Supervisory activities include the direction of
technical field personnel in all aspects of setup and operation. Although personnel report
to and discipline is handled by Operations Supervisors, direct technical oversight is the
responsibility of the Project Engineer.
1. Understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility and specify project specific requirements for all projects.
2. Possess the ability to research suppliers and source materials and equipment for the
highest level of value, quality, and suitability for use.
3. Read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and industry standards and
apply this information to all projects.
4. Read and develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams,
Schematics, Mechanical Plans, Logic Diagrams, Electrical Plans, Isometrics, and vendor cut
5. Demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Project software.
6. Understand rotating equipment, including pumps, compressors, and blowers, and be able
to correctly select equipment, apply performance curves, and design characteristics to all
7. Understand instrumentation principles including failsafe design of safety and control
8. Possess ingenuity, creative imagination, and original thought to effectively solve
customer issues, employee issues, improve company technology, and develop new
9. Understand how to effectively manage and apply fiscal controls when assigned projects
and ensure that projects come within budget guidelines. The candidate must be able to
manage his or her costs and keep them within company guidelines.
10. Demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer
required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and be able to pass all site-specific facility,
company, and industry tests.
11. Possess a current, valid driver license from state of residency and valid proof of insurance.
The candidate or employee must provide his or her motor vehicle record from the state
of residency and must be insurable by the Envent Corporation insurance provider.
12. Understands that he or she is working in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week (24/7)
industry environment and as such, understands that he or she must be available on a 24/7
basis when required, which will include off hours, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical, or related discipline)
from an accredited institution is required for this position. Two to six years of experience in the
petrochemical, refining, or related industry experience is preferred but not required.
For more information regarding this position or to submit your resume please email email@example.com.