Southern California – Long Beach, CA (Corporate Headquarters)
The IT Desktop Support Specialist will provide IT equipment, hardware, and software support to all departments and personnel. He/she will perform installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of IT equipment and related software/hardware. Troubleshooting of software and hardware failures and identifying problems with IT hardware/software, including desktop computers, printers and scanners, IP phone sets and mobile devices. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refer and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of IT equipment utilizing experience and understanding of Envent’s IT environment. This role will require periodic, scheduled travel to Envent’s offices including, but not limited to, Texas, California, Colorado and Louisiana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Revive, improve, and utilize IT Helpdesk system to track and process all IT support requests.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails, and/or tickets regarding desktop problems.
- Provision incoming personnel on equipment and software platforms.
- De-provision exiting personnel on equipment and software platforms; collect equipment, reconfigure and keep ready for re-deployment.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Maintain desktop OS and application suite upgrades, security patches, and updates as necessary.
- Maintain and resolve issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP/PBX telephone, biometric, security cameras, access control devices (i.e. door locks), and AV systems connections.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network system s.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Identify potential opportunities in IT infrastructure and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation.
- Maintain and track a database of all software and hardware licensing and subscriptions.
- Maintain and track of inventory of IT supplies such as computers, computer parts, printers, toners, inks, drums, etc.
- Maintain a working log detailed all required system updates, as well as the date of completion for all Envent office locations.
- Other duties as required (i.e. run cabling, server maintenance, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The IT Desktop Support Specialist position requires a High School Graduate or a completed GED (Bachelor’s degree preferred) and 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education/certifications and experience in providing deskside and remote support of IT hardware, software, and wireless connectivity. Must have a good understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP and demonstrated experience with multiple desktop and mobile platforms.
desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, handheld devices, A/V equipment, VoIP/PBX telephone, biometric, security cameras, and general network equipment.
Windows OS, Mac OS, Android OS, iOS, Office Suite, Google Suite, antivirus, user provisioning (i.e. active directory), single sign-on, GoToMeeting, and maintenance and backup of QuickBooks. Salesforce experience is a plus.