An H&S Field Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with the company, customer, local, state and federal rules and guidelines. He or she is also responsible for auditing sites, equipment and vehicles; ensuring all requirements and safety standards are met. He or she is also responsible for frequent shop, yard and site auditing as well as audits of equipment and vehicles ensuring all are meeting the necessary safety standards. The H&S Supervisor provides training of all company policies and procedures, enforcement of compliance with those. This person works closely with the operational leadership to ensure programs are being adhered and enforced as recognition given for outstanding safety leadership. He/she assists with the development of incident investigation reports and follow up as needed. The H&S Supervisor provides immediate communication to leadership and management on all safety issues. The position will require travel to regional offices/jobsites as well as job sites that the regional office is handling. In addition, the H&S Supervisor must maintain customer relationships, address customer HSE issues, become intimate with customers HSE programs and be an ambassador for the company in regards to HSE programs. In addition, the H&S Field Supervisor must maintain customer relationships, address customer HSE issues, become intimate with customers’ HSE programs and be an ambassador for the company in regards to HSE programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned. The H & S Safety Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties, as well as additional duties as assigned to meet business needs:
1. Conduct daily safety tailgate meetings for your location.
2. Supervise and manage the daily operations of Envent’s ISNetworld and related accounts
3. Work with Health and Safety Director to review, update and implement Changes in Envent policies or procedures in ISNetworld, PICS… etc.
4. Share safety information, incidents and or near misses with other locations.
5. Provide safety training for location or division. Training includes New employee, SSE Program, CPR- first aid, fire extinguisher (conduct live fire training), driver, heat stress as well as other pertinent safety training modules.
6. Perform and or assist in customer site audits, SCANs and JSAs.
7. Assist in investigation of all incidents (safety or environmental) and ensure proper records are completed, submitted and all agencies are properly notified. Ensure senior management is aware of the incident and keep them briefed on the progression. Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the company and are incorporated into the program, if necessary.
8. Assist Fire Department, DOT, Hazardous waste, other agencies, customers and insurance company audits.
9. Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, Cal OSHA, Local Air Districts, EPA, DOT and any State agency.
10. Stay informed and up to date on current and emerging technical, regulatory and professional aspects of this position.
11. Conduct site visits and audits, daily yard audits
12. Participate and attend industry related conferences.
13. Employee safety counseling and discipline.
14. Inspect, maintain and repair all safety equipment and monitoring gear.
15. Operate, maintain, calibrate and instruct others on the use of personal monitoring equipment and analyzers.
16. Train and review with all employees the aspects of all Envent Safe Work Practice Standards.
17. Update Health and Safety program compliance documents.
18. Compile safety documentation per customer requests.
19. Develop site-specific Health and Safety Plans (HASP).
20. Bump test and maintain instrument room, maintain PPE closet
21. Review driver log books
22. Keep company intranet, safety.envent.net, up to date; update Envent evacuation plans annually
23. Be a safety ambassador for the company
24. Evauate safety trends based on BBSOs. Identify negative trends and train on those behaviors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The H&S Field Supervisor position requires a three years of safety field supervisor experience. Certificates, Licenses and Registrations such as OSHA 500, COSS or CSP are desirable. Industry experience will be considered in lieu of formal education. This position requires the ability to understand, read and interpret technical documents and or procedures, contractual language, regulations, safety procedures and requirements.
The H&S Field Supervisor position will require travel and being away overnight up to forty percent (40%) of the time. You will be required to travel by vehicle or airline to meet and work with customers.