The Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of clerical, project and administrative tasks to ensure efficient operation of th office. He/she will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The incumbent will also assist with basic HR-related tasks such as onboarding new hires, background processing, and the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answer telephone system, take accurate messages and screen and direct telephone calls for management in a professional manner.
2. Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
3. Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
4. Process incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis by operating postage meter.
5. Compose, prepare and proofread correspondence, office memos and reports on computer and maintain confidentiality when required.
6. Design and implemens forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications, and update as needed.
7. Create and maintain proper response letters on computer for various incoming correspondence.
8. Maintain files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, purging files on a regular basis and creating new filing systems as needed.
9. Provide administrative support for special projects to include research, compiling data and preparation of summary reports based on results.
10. Maintain an organized office calendar and schedules meetings, appointments and conference calls as needed.
11. Organize and maintain tidiness and cleanliness of the office.
12. Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as directed.
13. Plans and coordinates lunches, office holiday decorating, employee appreciation and recognition gifts as directed.
14. Operate standard office equipment efficiently to include, but not limited to computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.
15. Prescreen candidates utilizing the new candidate questionnaire.
16. Conduct new employee orientation, verifying that all forms are completed and sent to corporate, including Form I-9.
17. Prepare paperwork required for new hires.
18. Assist with processing of terminations.
19. Maintain Building Project Binder.
20. Refinery Orientations, RSO & OSCA Training.
21. Order and Maintain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);Hand out uniforms and tracks issuance.
22. Schedule and coordinate drug tests and annual Physicals.
23. Book travel, hotels, rental cars and flights;Book restaurant/catering for sales meetings.
24. Assist with Safety Training Paperwork and Programs
25. Assist with distribution, inventory, organization, ordering and tracking cost of brochures and SWAG.
26. Schedule and track training;Populate and restock all logs.
27. Scan project folders into the network;Create flyers.
28. Complete the new hire monthly report.
29. Send out TBNT emails to candidates.
30. Complete PO requests for Operations.
31. Update compliance tracking spreasheet and send out notifications.
32. Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
3 or more years of general business/office/administrative experience Some college coursework required