Houston Area – Deer Park, TX (Gulf Coast Regional Office)
The Accounts Receivable Specialist I will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors time tickets on a daily basis to ensure timely creation of customer invoices.
- Liaises with the sales and operations departments to ensure all items (time tickets, 3rd party vendor charges) have been correctly accounted for and included in customer invoices.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers via mail, e-mail, customer applications or customer websites as required.
- Updates tracking of time tickets, jobs, and invoices to company data files and systems.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including purchase orders, forms, name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the AR Manager and other staff.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees and departments.
- Assists the accounting department in month-end close activities.
- Perform continuous evaluation of current policies and recommendations for process improvements.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge and good math skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ariba, TRACK, Salesforce, Quickbooks experience a plus
- Basic understanding of business ethics.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
For more information regarding this position or to submit your resume please email email@example.com.