Houston Area – Deer Park, TX (Gulf Coast Regional Office)
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing all invoices, expense reports, and payment requests accurately and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties may vary according to region, division area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to external vendors and internal personnel regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including purchase orders, processing invoices for payment, assisting with reconciliations, and obtaining approvals.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Handle the administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department such as obtaining W-9’s from vendors prior to processing payments and opening mail, scanning, and distributing to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge and good math skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Basic understanding of business ethics.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
For more information regarding this position or to submit your resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org.