Northern California – Benicia, CA (Northwest Regional Office)
The Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. The incumbent will also assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties and will have a dotted line to the Vice President of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties may vary according to region, division, area, and/or assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone system, takes accurate messages and screens and directs telephone calls for management in a professional manner.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis by operating postage meter.
- Composes, prepares and proofreads correspondence, office memos and reports on computer and maintains confidentiality when required.
- Designs and implements forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications, and update as needed.
- Creates and maintains proper response letters on computer for various incoming correspondence.
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, purging files on a regular basis and creating new filing systems as needed.
- Provides administrative support for special projects to include research, compiling data and preparation of summary reports based on results.
- Maintains an organized office calendar and schedules meetings and appointments as needed.
- Organizes and maintains tidiness and cleanliness of the office.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies as directed.
- Coordinates lunches, employee appreciation and recognition gifts as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include, but not limited to computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.
- Conducts new employee orientation.
- Prepare paperwork required for new hires.
- Verify Form I-9 documentation and that forms are properly fulfilled while mantgaining and updating filing.
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Maintain Building Project Binder.
- Refinery Orientations, RSO & OSCA Training.
- Order and Maintain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Schedule annual physicals.
- Assist with Travel Arrangements – (Back up).
- Assist with Safety Training Paperwork and Programs.
- Ensure project filing systems are maintained and current.
- Assist with distribution, inventory, organization, ordering and tracking cost of brochures and SWAG.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
3 or more years of general business/office/administrative experience.
Some college coursework required.